Merry Christmas to all you dance music junkies out there and welcome to our week-long series wrapping up the year of 2012 in dance music. This may have been the biggest year yet for all things dance, especially in America, and we’re going to kick it off with probably the most widely popular genre: House. We realize there are several sub-genres of House music, and we plan to cover the major ones throughout the week, but for this particular category we are going to shed light on the House songs and anthems we felt really resonated with crowds this year, from the intimate clubs to the festival main stages around the world. Keep in mind these may not be our favorite House tunes, but rather the ones we thought were some of the biggest in 2012.
These are in no particular order and you may disagree with a some of the picks, but in general you should recognize a lot of the tunes. Particular standouts for me include the tracks that were less melodic and vocal “anthems” and more the bangers that really moved the dance floors. For me, some of those tracks include: Showtek & Justin Prime – Cannonball, Franky Rizardo ft. Roul & Doors – Blackout, Rob Marmot & My Digital Enemy – African Drop (Tom Staar Remix), Chocolate Puma & Gregor Salto – Gimme Sum, Tiesto & Wolfgang Gartner – We Own the Night and more. But I’m also partial to some of the anthems like “Allein”, “Ladi Dadi (Tommy Trash Remix)”, and “Spectrum”.
Let us know what you think!
- Hardwell – Spaceman
- Tommy Trash & Sebastian Ingrosso – Reload
- Zedd – Spectrum
- Showtek & Justin Prime – Cannonball
- Franky Rizardo ft. Roul & Doors – Blackout
- Swedish House Mafia – Greyhound
- Nari & Milani – Atom
- Porter Robinson – Language
- Hard Rock Sofa & Swanky Tunes – Here We Go
- Jordy Dazz – OMG
- Otto Knows – Million Voices
- Rob Marmot & My Digital Enemy – African Drop (Tom Staar Remix)
- Ivan Gough & Feenixpawl – In My Mind (Axwell Remix)
- Chocolate Puma & Gregor Salto – Gimme Sum
- Eric Prydz (Pryda) – Allein
- Steve Aoki – Ladi Dadi (Tommy Trash Remix)
- Bingo Players – L’Amour
- Tiesto & Wolfgang Gartner – We Own The Night
- David Guetta & Nicky Romero – Metropolis
- Ansol & Dyro – Top of the World