From Funkagenda’s Facebook page:
Funkagenda’s army continues to march.
From the early roots of his West Midland’s studio, to pioneering releases through reputed major labels, Funkagenda’s stamp on dance music can be felt across Europe, North, Central & South America, the Middle East, Australia, Russia and Japan. A devoted passion for music, alongside an embrace of technology, has fortified Funkagenda as a vanguard of the ‘tough but melodic big room house sound’ – (quote – DJ Magazine).
Originally championed by Positiva, Subliminal, Defected, Azuli and Big Love, Funkagenda is now creative commander of Funk Farm, as well as being a key member of the iconic Toolroom Records. The Funkagenda/Mark Knight partnership has become a formidable force across international territories.
Winning both the Ibiza DJ ‘Best Ibiza Track 2008’ and the Beatport ‘Best Tech House Track 2008’ award for his Man With The Red Face collaboration with Mark Knight, Funkagenda was also presented with the Ibiza DJ ‘Best Newcomer 2008’ and Dj Mag best break trough artist 2009 awards for his solo achievements. Authenticity and originality are his trademark, establishing Funkagenda a solid reputation as a innovative DJ/producer.
Funkagenda’s sound attracts musical partnerships a spectrum of genres, remixing artists including Basement Jaxx, Moby, Fat Boy Slim and Dirty Vegas. His production contributions to the Black Eyed Peas album ‘The E.N.D.’ were further recognised by an ‘Album of the Year’ nomination and a ‘Best Pop Vocal Album’ award at the 52nd Annual Grammy’s.
Funkagenda’s first solo album was released on Toolroom Records in October ‘09 under the Toolroom Knights banner, consolidating a growing portfolio of success. Since the dominoes started to fall, Funkagenda has been a firmly fixed name across global music charts, regularly achieving Beatport No1 and Top 10 positions.
But in essence, Funkagenda’s deeply personal DJ sets and production have built the boy from the Black Country a rising international fan base.
Accumulating fierce support both on and off the dance floor, from industry to individuals, Funkagenda continues to charge across the battlefields of dance; as a DJ, a producer and a fervent contributor to the world of music.
Needless to say, Funkagenda may be one of the biggest producers and DJs you’ve never heard of. I had the privilege of seeing him last year at Gypsy Bar in Boston but I’m far more excited to see him this Friday at Bijou. The British native strings together unbelievable live sets that keeps dance floors bumpin’, with tunes from the world of Tech-House and Progressive House as well as dabbles in everything from Trance to Dubstep. You can expect to hear both songs you recognize and songs you don’t as well as a bevy of remixes and exclusive bootlegs. I’m most excited to party at Bijou for Funkagenda’s set because it’s a refreshing break from the mainstream DJs and mainstream tunes Boston has been flooded with in recent months. Although you may hear a couple tracks that are in popular rotation right now, you can absolutely expect this Friday night to be a unique and exciting night that will go down as one to remember for 2012. And did I mention Bijou has arguably one of the best sound systems in Boston?
Grab tickets HERE
Check out this live set by Funkagenda from Global Gathering UK 2012. He has said many times over that this may have been his best set EVER. I agree that it’s pretty damn good and worth the listen. If this doesn’t do it for you I don’t know what will – hope to see you Friday! *Track list after the jump*
Full Track List:
1. Vandalism – Bucci Bag [Tool]
2. Paul Thomas – Buzz Killington [Original Mix]
3. Nero – Must Be The Feeling [Funkagenda Remix]
4. Alistair Albrecht – It It Ah! [Original Mix]
5. Max Freegrant – Freefall [Original Mix]
6. Pryda – Sunburst [Original Mix]
7. Royksopp – What Else Is There [Trentemoller Remix – Edit]
8. Miike Snow – Devil’s Work [Dirty South Remix – Edit]
9. Edan Everywhere – Back Flash [Alvin Risk Remix]
10. Utah Saints – Lost Vagueness [A Capella]
11. Mat Zo feat Linnea Schossow – The Sky [Extended Mix]
12. Deadmau5 – Strobe [Funkagenda Reconstruction Tool]
13. Funkagenda Splinter [Original Mix]
14. Libra feat Taylor – Calling Your Name [A Capella]
15. Alter Ego – Rocker [Prok + Fitch vs My Digital Enemy Remix]
16. Paul Thomas – Who’s Afraid Of The Dark [Original Mix]
17. Funkagenda – FYSB [Original Mix]
18. Alex Clare – Too Close [Funkagenda’s Bogette Bootleg]
19. Tomcraft – Zounds Of Arca [Phunk Investigation]
20. Funkagenda – Nobody Listens To Techno [Original Bootleg Vocal Tool]
21. Gesaffelstein – Variations [Original mix]
22. Depeche Mode – Personal Jesus [Eric Prydz Remix]
23. Diddy ft Skylar Grey – Coming Home [Dirty South Remix – Tool]
24. Lay + Browne vs Nero – Absolute Innocence [Funkagenda Bootleg]
25. Jim Rivers – We Can Do This All Night [Original Mix]
26. Funkagenda – Blacklight [Instrumental Mix]
27. Funkagenda – Shinjuku [Michael Woods Remix]
28. Funkagenda – Shinjuku [Millions Like Us Remix]
29. Funkagenda vs Fatboy Slim – What The Fuck [A Capella]
30. Funkagenda – Shinjuku [Michael Woods Remix]
31. Dannic – Tombo [Original Mix]
32. Steve Angello + Laidback Luke – Be [A Capella Tool]
33. Jonas Tempel + Vincent Di Pasquale – Be You [Funkagenda’s Tubstep Symphony]
34. Sub Focus – Out the Blue [Original Mix]