As Mondays are often the days I attempt to climb out of the haze that the weekend has thrown over me, it’s always a pleasure combing through my SoundCloud feed and discovering new music that Music Monday has unleashed on the world. Two tracks in particular caught my attention today and because they both have a groovy, fun House vibe I thought it would be appropriate to share them here. The first track is Kaskade‘s relaxed remix of “The This This” by Late Night Alumni and the second, but not lesser, track is called “Remember House” by EDX – something a little more ready for the dance floors.
Most fans of Kaskade know that he has two very different sounds he likes to tinker with: one side is Deep House, as he first rose to popularity thanks to his loungey tracks (give It’s You, It’s Me a listen from cover to cover if you haven’t already) and the other side is straight up bangers like what you would likely hear if you saw Kaskade at a music festival. Fans of Kaskade also know that he is one of the founding members of the band Late Night Alumni and you may or may not know that they have an album called Eclipse dropping in May on Kaskade’s label Arkade. This is Late Night Alumni’s 5th album and it contains soothing vocals by Becky Jean Williams and production by John Hancock. Eclipse will mark the first full-length album from Arkade.
Today Kaskade released his remix of “The This This” which you will get for free tomorrow when you pre-order Late Night Alumni’s album. Give the track a listen below, it’s got all kinds of feels throughout.
Next up is Swiss producer EDX’s latest track “Remember House”. EDX has been in the game for years, producing quality House and Progressive House that span melodies, tempos, and aggression levels. EDX has a weekly radio show that he releases in conjunction with music blogs like ours and we had the pleasure of featuring a couple of these mixes (LISTEN HERE | AND HERE). EDX’s track goes a little harder than Kaskade’s remix above, but it certainly has a funky bassline and may just very well be ready to shake some clubs.
EDX’s press release describes the track: “Layering a deep bassline with infectious hi-hats and the old school-sounding vocal of ‘Do You Remember House?’, EDX hints at a new musical direction for 2015. Whilst keeping his trademark, up-beat progressive stylings, ‘Remember House’ comes through with heaps of energy of a modern club jam.”
Stream the track below and make sure to go grab a copy at Beatport when you’re finished!
Oh and if you want to hear more of EDX’s new direction he absolutely murders this latest mix:
01. Jacob Plant – Ice Cream (Original Mix) [Dim Mak]
02. Above & Beyond feat. Alex Vargas – All Over The World (Illyus & Barrientos Remix) [Anjunabeats]
03. Metro Club – Recovery [Night Shift]
04. Wayne Dudley – Can’t You See (Club Mix) [Subterraneo Records]
05. Blaze Presents UDAUFL ft. Barbara Tucker – Most Precious Love (Vanilla Ace Remix) [King Street Sounds]
06. Chris Lake – Chest (Original Mix) [Ultra]
07. EDX – Remember House [Enormous / Sirup]
08. Walden vs. Havana Brown – No Ordinary Love (Crazibiza Remix) [Promo]
09. Sander Kleinenberg ft. Audio Bullys – Wicked Things (Original Mix) [Spinnin]
10. L’Tric – This Feeling (Dub Version) [Promo]
11. EDX ft. Clean Bandit – Collateral Bandits (Jack Eye Jones Club Mash) [Promo]
12. Geeneus – ELE (Original Mix) [Rinse]
13. Michael Calfan – Treasured Soul (Chocolate Puma Remix) [Spinnin]
14. Eric Prydz vs CHVRCHES – Tether (Original Mix) [PROMO]
Check out EDX on tour and BUY TICKETS