I never miss an opportunity to listen to a mix or live set by quite possibly the king of Disco-House and deep cuts: Treasure Fingers. I posted his live set from Amsterdam Open Air last year and it remains one of my favorites to groove to. After seeing him for the first time during the Electric Zoo 2012 after parties I made sure to pay close attention when new material came out, which is why I bring you Treasure Fingers’ DJ Mag mix. It’s everything that you could want from him and more.
Check out the original article he posted on his website HERE. He writes “Here’s a DJ mix I did exclusively for DJ Mag. Photography credit to Yen Nguyen for my only smiling press shot”.
Track list and more info after the JUMP!
Treasure Fingers, aka DJ and producer Ashley Jones, might live in New York’s Brooklyn enclave – and sport a beard and half sleeve of tattoos to match – but his take on dusty disco and house has a less self-conscious bounce than the current wave of hipster house. Having released on labels such as Defected and Fools Gold, with dancefloor winners including ‘It’s Love’ and ‘Rooftop Revival’, he’s also added his remix touch to the likes of Kanye West, Chromeo and Avicii. From big basslines to a remix of ‘Charming Man’ by The Smiths, this podcast gives a glimpse into his world – one that is opening up further and further with each new release.
1. Mike Mago – Galactic (Broke One remix)
2. Duke Dumont – Need U (100) feat. A*M*E
3. Clubfeet – Heartbreak (Joyce Muniz Dub)
4. Noisses – G and T
5. Playmode – Ultrasonic
6. Magnifik – Feel The Groove (Benson Remix)
7. Claptone – Wrong
8. Pablo Calamari & DCUP – Boogie Down (Antoine Vice remix)
9. Squarehead – Elegante
10. Ben Mono – How It Is
11. Treasure Fingers & Codes – Blowin Up (Feat. Amy Douglas)
12. Taiki & Nulight – Culture Riddem
13. Boys Noize – Ich R U (D.I.M. Remix)
14. MK & Treasure Fingers – Untitled
15. Swit – Jackin (original + John Baptiste remix blend)
16. The Smiths – This Charming Man (Luis Leon bootleg)
17. Amtrac – How Can She