It’s been a long time coming, but I’m very excited to [finally] bring you an exclusive guest mix by one of Boston’s most promising rising talents and a personal favorite DJ of mine: Bamboora. Holding versatility as his crown jewel, Bamboora has been on the forefront when it comes to rocking crowds without being stuck in any single genre. His limitless energy and boundary-free style unlocks a different realm of music for anyone who goes out seeking more than average from a DJ. A master at blending different grooves of dance music with the feeling of excitement and pure drive, Bamboora has created a unique style of his own where you can hear all elements of dance music from Funky to Tribal, Minimal to Electro, and all the way to twisted edge of Techno polished with surprising acapellas. His exceptional style and sound has allowed him to share the decks with some of world’s biggest stars such as Tiesto, Axwell, Steve Angello, Eric Prydz, Tommy Trash, Dirty South, Calvin Harris, Roger Sanchez, Chuckie, Fedde Le Grand, Skrillex, Benny Benassi, and countless others. Currently holding residencies at some of New England’s premier venues such as Ocean Club, Prime Nightclub, Rise, and Naga, Bamboora is heating things up with the hottest sounds night in and night out.
Having seen Buğra perform countless times, I can say with complete honesty that he really is something special in a saturated market full of DJs and dance music enthusiasts. I consider Bamboora and his affiliation with MASS EDMC to be one of the major reasons the Boston and New England region has seen such a rise in dance music; his hustle, his dedication and his love for music have all contributed to the thriving of big beats in a big way. When many DJs are stuck in a box of Top 40s and Beatport Top 100 hits, Bamboora is always trying to do something different and to bring new music to his audiences, similar to how we operate here at MMIBTY. When I see Bamboora live or when I listen to one of his mixes, there are always songs included that I’ve never heard, yet are truly awesome in a way that make me ask “what is this?? – and that’s something I highly value in DJs.
This mix, compiled exclusively for MMIBTY, shows us just how capable Bamboora is at putting something awesome together. Flawless mixing, perfect song selection, and 60 minutes of high-energy dance music in the form of Big Room House and Electr0-House, which I personally think is his forte. I hadn’t heard a lot of these tracks yet so I was particularly excited to see a list of songs I wasn’t familiar with. Some of the stand-outs for me include Bass Kleph’s remix of “Coming Home”, Arno Cost – Head up /w/ Adele – Skyfall (Acapella), the Firebeatz remix of “Bless Di Nation”, and of course Buğra’s own track “Jaw Breaker”.
1) Denis Van Der Geest – Bring the Noise (Funkerman Mix)
2) Moe Aly & Rolvario – Rockin (Original Mix)
4) The Twins – Coming Home (Bass Kleph Remix)
5) Dario Nunes & Neil ft. Bobkomyns – Ehh Ohh (Original Mix)
6) Arno Cost – Head up /w/ Adele – Skyfall (Acapella)
7) Dannic – Clobber (Original Mix)
8) Fafaq – Saturday Chant (Original Mix) /w/ Thomas Gold – Miao (Vlad Rusu Bootleg)
9) CLMD – Falling like angels (Sebjak Rave Remix)
10) Oliver Twizt – Let me see you do it (Original Mix)
11) Hardwell ft. Amba Shepard vs Porter Robinson – Apollo Unison (Tom Swoon Bootleg)
12) Lana Del Ray – Summertime Sadness (Cedric Gervais Remix)
13) Congorock & Stereo Massive ft. Sean Paul – Bless Di Nation (Firebeatz Remix)
14) Bamboora & Croe – Jaw Breaker (Original Mix)