If you’re one of the lucky ones traveling from all over the world to attend one of the biggest party weeks of the year then this post is for you. If you won’t be attending Miami Music Week or Ultra Music Festival 2014 you may want to skip to the next post – envy could ensue (especially those of you up here in Boston bracing for yet another Winter storm).
Every year Miami Music Week/Winter Music Conference – whatever you want to call it – gets bigger and better. With more parties than you know what to do with, and one of the world’s largest dance music festivals taking place, it’s hard to be bored during this last week in March. For those who don’t know, there is a comprehensive list of all the events taking place this week, found on MiamiMusicWeek.com – everything from pool parties to all-night parties to club events to sunrise and sunset cruises. There is literally something for every type of dance music fan. Personally speaking, I think it’s great that more of the underground or “less mainstream” artists are getting their chance to shine at these parties.
While I can’t attend every party – or even begin to talk about all of them – I’m here to call out some of the key events I’m looking forward to, and ones that you should definitely consider attending if you haven’t made your plans yet.
Wednesday March 26
- Laidback Luke Presents Super You & Me @ Story 11pm-5am – Laidback Luke isn’t just one of the most technically skilled and high-energy DJs out there. He’s also known for throwing his Super You & Me parties which are like Halloween year-round. Joining Luke will be DJ Snake, The Chainsmokers, Blasterjaxx, and a special guest.
- Exploited Showcase w/ Claptone @ Trade (downstairs) 10pm-5am – If you’re looking for some good Deep House, head over to Trade to catch one of my favorite Deep House acts Claptone. They’ll be joined by other artists on the Berlin-based label, featuring Adana Twins, Shir Khan, and Joyce Muniz.
Thursday March 27
- Dirtybird BBQ @ Cafeina Wynwood Lounge 2pm-4am – One of my favorite record labels throwing one of their famous BBQ parties? I’m in! Get some drinks, hear some beats, grabs some eats with the likes of Claude VonStroke, Justin Martin, Eats Everything, Kill Frenzy, Justin Jay, and plenty more of the Dirtybird crew!
- Stacked Miami @ Finnegan’s On The River Noon-10pm – Like Bass Music? This event has pretty much every Bass Music DJ you can think of – Trap, Moombah, Dubstep – it’s all there. Bro Safari, Brillz, Crizzly, Datsik, Ookay, Doctor P, Andy C, and plenty more will be on hand.
- OWSLA Good Times @ Wynwood 4pm-11pm – Did someone say BACK TO BACK SETS? Yeah, this is literally a mini festival featuring all B2B sets with some of the best names in dance. A-Trak B2B DJ Craze? Yup. Annie Mac B2B Anna Lunoe? Yup. Boys Noize & Brodinski… Skrillex & What So Not… the list goes on…
- Leave The World Behind Exclusive Miami Screening @ Regal South Beach Stadium 18, 8pm – Need a break from the parties? Head to the movies in South Beach to catch a one-day-only screening of the new Swedish House Mafia movie, which captures the group’s final days.
- Mat Zo’s Damage Control Party @ Cameo 11pm-5am – Seeing Mat Zo would be enough for me, but add Nom De Strip, Norin & Rad and Treasure Fingers and you’ve got yourself a full-fledged party. You’ll be seeing some of the most talented producers out there and seasoned DJs who know how to throw down.
- Jamie Jones Presents Paradise Miami @ Ice Palace West 10pm-10am – As with the above listing, going to a Jamie Jones event by himself would be great. But he’s bringing his famous Paradise Ibiza parties with him to Southern Florida and this 12-hour party features a stacked lineup with artists like Lee Foss, Seth Troxler, Guy Gerber, Eats Everything, Skream, and even vocalist Anabel Englund.
- Pryda vs. Mau5trap @ Ice Palace Pop-Up Arena (Downtown Miami) 10pm-5am – Two unlikely record labels coming together for one massive party. The event description only calls out “special guests” but I’d be surprised if guys like Eric Prydz, Jeremy Olander, Fehrplay, Deadmau5, Nom De Strip, and Hot Mouth weren’t on hand but it’s really anyone’s guess. This one has a lot of potential.
Friday March 28
- All Gone Pete Tong Pool Party @ The Surfcomber Noon-11pm (rain or shine) – Sadly enough this would be my first official Miami pool party. But it’s quite the party to attend! Pete Tong prides himself on breaking new artists to the forefront and this lineup shows you exactly that. You can check out up-and-coming artists like Oliver Heldens, Tube & Berger, and The Chainsmokers as well as crowd favorites Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike and Dubfire plus special guests!
- Toolroom Knights vs. Stereo Productions Pool Party @ The Raleigh Hotel Noon-10pm – This party is pretty exclusive but it features some of my favorite names in dance music like Mark Knight, Prok & Fitch, UMEK, Chus & Ceballos, and newcomer Weiss. This one has funky beats written all over it.
- Chuckie, Gareth Emery and Friends Pool Party @ Shelborne Noon-10pm – Juggernauts Chuckie and Gareth Emery are sure to bring high-octane DJ sets with them but it doesn’t stop there. Tommie Sunshine, Deorro, Gregori Klosman, and more will be on hand to help you rage through the day.
- Skrillex & Friends @ Mansion 11pm-5am – Think what you want of Skrillex but he throws down and he’s bringing an eclectic group with him to Mansion: Amtrac, GTA, What So Not, and Sluggers. Good luck getting into this one as it appears pretty much sold out.
- Annie Mac Presents @ LMNT Studios 10pm-5am – Trend-setter Annie Mac is hosting a party downtown on Friday night with some of my favorites like Tensnake, Gorgon City, and Jack Beats (in addition to herself playing).
Saturday March 29
- No Sugar Added @ Nikki Beach Noon-5am – This actually is a 3-day festival taking place on Nikki Beach and has been going on for years. Saturday’s lineup includes Thomas Gold, Deniz Koyu, Audien, Fehrplay, Tchami, TJR and loads more.
- Anjunadeep Daytime Party 1pm-10pm @ Cafeina Wynwood Lounge – Anjunabeats brings out its “Deep” artists for a daytime show featuring Beckwith, T.Williams, Kidnap Kid, Matt Lange, and a secret guest.
- Dusky Presents @ Trade Downstairs 10pm-5am – Dusky are performing a three-hour set so you probably shouldn’t miss that. On hand will be Midland and Matthew Dear for additional beats.
- BNR Invasion @ LMNT Studios 10pm-5am – Uhh… just look at the lineup. Boys Noize, Dog Blood, Destructo, Jimmy Edgar….
- Deep Dish Reunion @ Ice Palace Studios 10pm-5am – It’s the event Househeads have been talking about: the reunion of Dubfire and Sharam after years on hiatus. Plus they’ll be joined by Hot Since 82, Carl Craig, and Andhim. If you have House music running through your veins I’d recommend grabbing a ticket!
***Have fun, be safe, and give us a shout to let us know where you’ll be at!**